Precision-cut tissue slices allows researchers to observe and assess organ functions under cell culture conditions. The method allows the study of metabolism for almost any organ system.
Applicable organ systems include:
- Respiratory system (Precision-cut lung slices)
- Hepatology system (Precisionary-cut liver slices)
- Gastrointestinal system (Precision-cut gut slices)
- Renal system (Precisionary-cut kidney slices)
- Yields healthier slices for metabolism studies
- Gives more viable cells for experiments
- Allows you to section a “core” of tissue
- Applications include pharmacolog & toxicology studies
- You can control the slice thickness!
- Get consistent slice thickness with every cut