Preparing the agarose for embedding:
1. Each glass vial contains one 0.5 mg agarose tablet. Depending on the gel strength you want for slicing, you can add the appropriate amount of water or buffer solution to the glass vial. We recommend adding 18 mL of solution to each glass vial containing 1 agarose tablet.
2. Dissolve the agarose tablet for 2 minutes by swirling the glass vial.
3. Heat the agarose as you normally would, which can be done in a microwave. Then allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
4. To keep the agarose in a “liquid-like” state, keep the glass vial in a hot water bath set to 40˚C.
5. We recommend using agarose that has a low transition temperature, which means that the agarose will remain in a “liquid-like” state without congealing at low temperatures. This way, keeping melted agarose in a warm water bath will allow you to have ready-made agarose when sectioning several different specimens.
Advantages of using our Compresstome® agarose preparation:
1.Eliminates weighing agarose for individual experiments
2.Agarose tablets are fast dissolving in just 2 minutes
3.Environmentally friendly with no organic solvents that could harm tissues
4.Produces consistent, reproducible gels that are clear