Embedding Tissue Samples in Agarose
1. Prepare your tissue sample by cutting it so that the tissue fits inside the specimen tube.
2. Press a small amount of super glue onto the specimen tube base.
3. Place the syringe chilling block into ice to cool it down.
4. Place the syringe cap onto the top of the specimen tube.
5. Using forceps, position the tissue onto the specimen tube base and glue your tissue to the base.
6. Pipette enough agarose to fully cover the tissue sample. Gently tap on the syringe cap to dispel any air bubbles.
7. Withdraw the syringe tube downwards so that the tissue sample enters the tube. You can then remove the syringe cap.
8. Place the syringe chilling block (should be pre-chilled) for 2 minutes over the specimen tube to chill the entire sample and help the agarose to solidify.
9. Once your tissue is embedded into agarose, you are ready for sectioning with the Compresstome® slicer.