Referencing the Compresstome or Cryostat
First of all, congratulations on your upcoming publication! Since our company’s launch in 2004, more than 400 peer-reviewed articles have been published by labs that have used the Compresstome tissue slicer. We are proud to support scientists around the world in their endeavors.
Why do we care about properly citing the Compresstome and our new cryostat products? Because by correctly citing your resources, you enable other scientists to repeat your successful protocols and experimental methods. A study has found that 54% of resources are not correctly or uniquely identified in publications—this can hinder your scientific colleagues from being able to repeat your experiments.
We would also love to track your publications and feature them on our website. We can only know about your work if you cite us!
How to cite the Compresstome
- Identify the Compresstome vibrating microtome model in as much detail as possible. For example, reference your model as “Compresstome VF-310-0Z” rather than just “Compresstome” or “tissue slicer.”
- Cite our full company name, which is “Precisionary Instruments.”
- Our current Compresstome models include:
- Make sure to differentiate between models with Auto Zero-Z and those that do not have this technology. For instance, the Compresstome VF-300 does NOT have Auto Zero-Z technology, but the VF-300-0Z does. Then “-0Z” ending on your model number will identify it as having Auto Zero-Z technology.
- Make sure to mention the specific animal models you use, as well as the tissue slice thickness, and if you are sectioning live or fixed tissues.
Here is an example from Nature Communications where the Compresstome is cited:
Here is another example from Scientific Reports citing the newest Compresstome VF-310-0Z model:
How to cite the Precisionary Cryostat
- Our cryostat model is officially termed the “Precisionary Cryostat CF-6100.”
- Mention your test and slice applications and the organ system you are sectioning.
- Mention your slice thickness and embedding media.
If you ever have any questions about citations or references, contact us!
- Website: www.precisionary.com
- Phone: 617-682-0586
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Quote Request: https://dev-precisionary.pantheonsite.io/instant-quote/