The majority of Compresstome® vibrating microtome models are equipped with our patented Auto Zero-Z® technology. What does this mean? This means that these Compresstome® models (model’s ending in “-0Z”) are precisely aligned to eliminate any oscillating deviations along the z-axis during the cutting process (Figure 1).
The advantages of having a vibrating microtome with Auto Zero-Z®include:
- The near zero deflection prevents shearing across the tissue surface, which gives you a smooth surface for each slice.
- For electrophysiologists and researchers who want precision-cut tissue slices, Auto Zero-Z®provides a crucial advantage because a smoother surface yields more viable cells.
- For researchers sectioning fixed tissue for immunohistochemistry or in-situ hybridization experiments, Auto Zero-Z®allows for speedy cutting without leaving behind vibration artifacts (called “chatter marks”). This enables you to evenly stain for protein or RNA.
Therefore, Auto Zero-Z® allows you to produce smooth, consistent slices every time you cut, as well as saving time doing so, because you no longer need to calibrate your slicer every time you cut when using the Compresstome. Such slicing also benefits tissue sectioning to ensure you obtain healthy, viable slices for live tissue studies (Figure 2).
Interested in how our Auto Zero-Z® technology, equipped on the Compresstome® tissue slicers, can benefit you and your experiments? Contact us today for a free quote!
- Website: www.precisionary.com
- Phone: 617-682-0586
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Quote Request: https://dev-precisionary.pantheonsite.io/instant-quote/