Hello! For this week and the next few weeks, we’d like to introduce you to each of our new rotary microtome models. Often, it’s super confusing when exploring a product line and deciding what microtome to buy. So we want to make this easy by introducing you to each of our microtome models one-by-one, with clear details about the features that distinguish each model.
We’ll begin with our Precisionary Rotary Microtome RF-600!
Precisionary Rotary Microtome RF-600
Our rotary microtome RF-600 is a manual model that is ideal for routine histology tissue sectioning. “Manual” means that single sections are cut and controlled using a main handwheel, and that the forward and reverse movement of the specimen holder (i.e., specimen head clamp) is controlled by a small coarse handwheel.
This microtome provides high precision cutting and stability, which gives you reproducible, high-quality sections from paraffin wax embedded samples, or other hard specimens including polymers.
Key RF-600 Features:
- We include TWO knife block cutting stages for free!
- We include TWO specimen clamps for free!
- High precision specimen feed control
- Compatible with low-profile and high-profile blades
- Specimen clamp is compatible with multiple cassette sixes
- Handwheel can be stable in any 360-degree position
- Cutting stage has blade guard and blade ejector for increased safety
- Spacious waste tray in front is removable for easy clean-up